sibling rivalry

>> Monday, March 31, 2008

coming home from church yesterday...

Kaleb: It's mine...give it to me!

Barrett: NO!

Kaleb: GIVE IT TO ME!

Barrett: WAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Daddy: (In his best grumpy voice) WHAT is going on back there?

Barrett: WAAAAAHHHHHH! Kaleb BIT me!

Daddy: KALEB! Did you bite Barrett?

Kaleb: (starting to cry...frantic voice...knows trouble is coming his way). No, no, Daddy, listen! I was just sitting here and all of the sudden my teeth just flew into his fingers!

Daddy: Uh-huh.

Mommy: (giggling...quietly)

So, I don't know if teeth just fly into fingers at your house, but I guess that's how sibling contention goes around here. Luckily, Kaleb and Barrett are best friends and the fights are few and far between.

Wow...I am BEHIND on pictures...haven't posted any pictures here from my trip to Las Vegas yet, and haven't uploaded my Easter pictures. Well, I am taking the easy way out...my trip was wonderful...if you want to see my pics, visit my photo blog...HERE. I will post pictures of Easter soon.

Have a great day!

15 comments:

Lindsay 2:38 PM  

My first 2 girls are close in age and are best buds too, but they of course are still sisters!! I really don't have that many wreaths!!! My sister and I just made some for Valentine's Day so I knew she would laugh that I made another one!!

Bonnie 4:42 PM  

that is so funny!

Joab Meyer 5:22 PM  

oh the love for boys! I am kind of glad you lost your ring too! I feel so stupid and yet have a lot of peace. Can't wait to see more pics! I did go to your photo blog, wonderful stuff there!

Julie Barb 6:08 PM  

Wow Jean, your boys sound just like mine (the "my teeth just flew onto his fingers" sounds exactly like something one of my boys would have said)...that's a journal entry for sure...I'll bet they'd look back and laugh at that one:)

Joy 8:03 PM  

I am sitting here giggling (not so quietly). Barret is hysterical! Great story telling. I felt like I was sitting right there in the car with you.

Sherwoods 8:06 PM  

That's awesome! I love it!

fivekidsandsomechocolate 9:49 AM  

Yeah- I hate those flying teeth moments! We have some chronic issues with involuntary appendage flinging at our house, too. I never thought one of the impulses I would need to learn to control as a parent would be the chuckles.

Roger That 6:34 PM  

I can totally relate. Mykids know the cry of FEAR.

mikkilynn 7:46 PM  

That is just like when Jezne said she was tickling Kalder's finger with her teeth. Funny, funny.

mikkilynn 7:46 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherry Parker 8:58 PM  

Ahhh the biting is always fun. We have had to threaten our kids with having them fitted with dentures if they didn't stop with the biting.

Cathy Duffy 10:20 PM  

that is so funny! we miss your boys... ethan is the biter at our house. biting seems to be the only way he can win against mika these days.

Dave and Becky 10:15 AM  

What a great story... so creative! Isn't it amazing what desperation can do to a boy? :) Gotta watch out for those flying teeth!

Rieck Family 9:16 PM  

That is sooooo funny! Wish I could have been there just to see you and Trav when it happened. We miss you guys!!

Amy & Greg 10:32 AM  

That is the best explanation I have ever heard. Reminds me of when I complained to my mom of my little brother biting me. My mom looked at me and said without skipping a beat, "Who taught him?" Guess I got no sympathy from her.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP