chicago

>> Monday, April 07, 2008

WOOHOO...I hate to jump the gun, but I really think spring is HERE! We went to Chicago this weekend (a first for me) and the weather was AMAZING! Travis was already there for work, so I packed up the car (and the kids), met our friends, James and Jen Peterson, and caravaned down to Chicago for the weekend. I was SO wishing we had at least one more day...we had so much fun. Navy Pier, children's museum, boat ride, YUMMY food, Flint museum, Millenium Park, and a planetarium were all squeezed into a little, bitty weekend.

A picture overload for you to enjoy...


a very typical family picture...crazy boys with no mommy in the picture.

had to share this pic...we giggled at isaac the whole time. he was so excited to see everything, he sat like this eagerly the whole time in the stroller.

giant silver bean at millenium park...very cool.

not a good picture, but a picture of trav and me, nonetheless...those seem to come few and far between lately!

kaleb and barrett (with some added friends) at the children's museum in the waterworks room.

children's museum...building room

ok, there's a super fast summary of our trip. cross your fingers for spring and barrett would like to leave you with a warm and full-of-love HAVE A FABULOUS DAY!

16 comments:

Laurel 9:26 AM  

AWESOME bright pictures! I love them! It looks and sounds like a blast.

Kirstynn Evans 11:55 AM  

Yay... I really think spring IS here! I love Chicago, and I am glad you had a blast! It is one of my favorite cities EVER. I love the pictures. I am planning to go in July for the TASTE FEST, girls weekend, NO KIDS! Wanna go?

GarrGroup 12:39 PM  

Looks like you guys had a blast. I'm impressed that you have pics up already. Loved talking to you the other day. We need to do it more often.

Lindsay 3:24 PM  

Jean your family is so cute...that last picture cracks me up. I always have one kid in a fit by the end of a trip. My baby is 11 months she is on the move right now!

Rieck Family 4:19 PM  

Looks like you had a lot of fun! I have always thought Chicago would be a fun place to visit. Looks like there were a lot of fun things to do...we miss you guys!!

Allison 4:25 PM  

OK-I decided that I have a boring life. Although, I did go to Logan with the girls a couple of weekends ago. I need to get out more. You'll be happy to know that we are still waiting for SPRING here. It snowed this morning...WAHOO!

Ken 8:27 PM  

you guys went on the boat ride? i wish we did... you guys pretty much did everything in one weekend! we seriously did all those things in a 3 month period. your kids must have cooperated a lot more than ours...cathy

mikkilynn 8:43 PM  

I swear, you two find time to do twice as much as everyone else. As for spring, I thought the same thing and then we were hit with a blizzard...I'm sure the chosen ones should find themselves a bit luckier. :)

James 10:30 AM  

Hey...what do you mean "not a good picture?!?" I took that picture! I told Travis it was way too much pressure to take a picture of a photographer...I guess I buckled!

Joab Meyer 6:46 PM  

Love the photos. Chicago is one of my favorite spots! Thanks for sharing...

Julie Barb 6:49 PM  

Looks like such a great trip...makes me want to visit again...love Chicago! Looks like great family bonding time:)

Cherie & Ray 10:32 PM  

You'll have to check out my blog to see we aren't close to spring. Sounds like a fun trip to the windy city. I love your pics!

Anonymous 1:44 PM  

What a fun trip. I have never been to Chicago but would love to go. You and travis are cute. Its fun to see a picture of you together. I can't believe you've had three kids. You look awesome. I love the crying picture at the end. Tantrums are the best:(

Jen Petty 7:56 PM  

Chicago sounds like fun. That silver bean looks awesome. The picture of you guys is cute. It's nice to see you in a picture for a change! You look great!

Jen Petty 7:58 PM  

Chicago sounds like fun. That silver bean looks awesome. The picture of you guys is cute. It's nice to see you in a picture for a change! You look great!

Roger That 10:16 PM  

Okay so we are so going back in June or July.
I can't tell you how sorry I am we couldn't go after seeing your AMAZING pictures...however you do have a talent for making things look better in pictures then they actually are. J/K Glad you had a great time. The weather looked beautiful.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP