hp obsessed???

>> Tuesday, April 21, 2009

no, you computer geeks, i am not talking about hewlett packard. i am talking about none other than HARRY POTTER. now, i admit that i was an avid harry potter reader (as was travis) and couldn't wait until the next book came out. but, once i read the series, i was satisified and figured i might get to it again in ten years or so (i'm not much of a second time movie or book person).

but kaleb takes the love of harry potter to a whole new level. he has always been an excellent reader and we tried to convince him for a while to read the books. he finally took us up on it and he read all seven books in about a month. right after he finished, he started the series again and finished them in two weeks.

i thought FOR SURE after round two that he was done, but he immediately picked up book one again and started the series AGAIN! so, now he is on book three for the third time. what the?!?!? and to top it off, he walks around casting memorized spells from the books.

should i be worried that my kid is normal or are there others this obsessed with harry potter...haha!


14 comments:

Melanie 3:29 PM  

shelbie did the same thing. what can you do....at least they are reading.

Travis Smith 4:02 PM  

great, my kid is obsessed with wizards and magic and my wife is obsessed with vampires (oh Edward!)...I'm sure the mother-son Dungeons and Dragons club is right around the corner!

Joy 4:58 PM  

I love it! He looks so much like Travis in that last picture! Stop it, Travis, you know you love it.

Angie Cheney 6:55 PM  

That's awesome. Do you have the add-on tales, short stories really? I can bring them for him to borrow...I also got The Tales of Beetle the Bard, but I haven't read it yet. He can borrow it when I'm done. :)

Camille 8:38 PM  

I can't believe how big Jep is getting. I still think he should be wobbling around on his hands and feet with a cast on his leg doing that crazy laugh he used to do. Love him!!

Liza 9:22 AM  

That is adorable! I can't believe he can get through them so quickly! A good healthy Obsession is a great topics. At least that's what I've said for years about a number of things....Clorox wipes, diet coke, sunshine, peanut M&M's...I won't go on. :)

Jen Petty 5:58 PM  

I think it's great. I'm excited for that stage. I'm a little tired of reading Aladdin again... and again... and again.

Rieck Family 2:13 PM  

So cute! I still can't believe how big he is. I about died when we saw him last month!! Hope you are doing good! Miss you guys!

Sherwoods 6:55 PM  

Maybe they are better the second time...maybe you should give them another chance...gosh party pooper. In fact, I myself have been contemplating reading them again before the movie comes out. I'll race ya...

Sherwoods 6:56 PM  

P.S. I just read Trav's comment and am SO laughing out loud!

Nick and Maddy Winward 11:18 AM  

Holy Cow Jean, what a cute header picture! Good job on all the reading!

Cherie 11:19 PM  

So fun to see the crew. Just thinking about you all! We are still awaiting green grass and leaves, but rumer has it they are coming.

Q'Ville 3:13 PM  

Joel's dad, who raised one good guy and one outstandin man (http://evansfactor.blogspot.com/2009/04/i-am-so-honored.html) says your boys are normal boys. Be worried? NOOO, be afraid, very afraid.

fivekidsandsomechocolate 8:44 AM  

These are the best books. So creative! The spells are sort of like a side-effect. They didn't bother me too much, as long as they weren't dueling in Sacrament Meeting.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP