smith haps

>> Wednesday, August 05, 2009

wow, has it already been almost eight weeks since beckham joined us in this crazy world? it's such a bittersweet thing...wanting him to stay tiny, yet at the same time wishing he would get older so he will sleep through the night!

here are a few happenings going on here as of late...

sometimes beckham is fussy and the only thing that calms him down is his swing. well, a couple of days ago i went over to check on him in his swing, and i found him decorated. not sure which little boy thought this was funny...


i made my first "event" outing with all four kids by myself this week. and i chose the zoo. really? the zoo? could i have chosen a more chaotic place? thank goodness the older boys were such a good help because between beckham crying most of the trip (found out he hates baby carriers) and isaac being terrified of every large animal, i was ready to call it an early day.

so, we discovered isaac's fear of all things large and hairy in the ape house. while the crowds were gathered around some other windows oohing and ahhing over the chimps, isaac chose a window where there was nothing to see. as he was looking outside, a huge gorilla suddenly bolted around the corner and stood two inches from the window and stared at isaac. he fell backward and screamed a blood curtling scream. as the crowds rushed over to see the gorilla, isaac continued to scream...apparently traumatized for life.

we moved on to the arctic tundra and saw the polar bear swimming above us and the screaming continued...as seen below. i got a mix of looks from other people that ranged from "oh wow, four boys" to "you poor thing" and even "shut him up because you are ruining my polar bear experience."



and last, we had beckham's blessing this last sunday. travis did an amazing job and i was a waterspout (translation: my eyes leaked all sacrament long). it was a great day, but so sad and weird that family couldn't be with us on a day like this.

i know, he's cute, huh?

15 comments:

Joy 6:25 AM  

Oh my gosh, I especially love that you hopped into the picture with him screaming. Classic. You crack me up, Jean.
Happy Blessing Day, Beckham!

Holli,Sayler and Gracie 7:25 AM  

wow beckham looks like travis! that zoo looks cool. Ours has hardly any animals!! We miss you like crazy! I wish we could have been there at the blessing!

loves from all of us

Sherry Parker 11:21 AM  

Hang in there woman....he is so cute in his blessing duds! I love the looks and comments....things like "are they all yours" "you have your hands full" and my personal favorite...."oh you poor thing" really make my day (insert sarcasm)!!! :)

Roylance Rundown 9:32 PM  

I'm glad I am not the only one that wants to pull their hair out when I take my rambunctious kids out. I just have to remind myself over and over again. It's not for me, it's for the kids.

Jason, Holly, Denver, McCall and Juniper 11:28 PM  

Congrats on your first outing! I'm proud of you for even attempting it. If I had 4 boys, I would probably lock myself in the house and become a hermit until they were all raised. Beckham looks darling in his blessing outfit. We got your birth announcement yesterday and Jason and I were both saying what a cute baby his is!!

Unknown 4:46 AM  

I must say I can't believe you managed to stay in the Artic tunnel long enough to get pictures. That thing makes me sick to my stomach every time. Something about the sun, water, reflection induces a sea sickness effect every time. But I love the picture with Isaac screaming and Kaleb peering over his shoulder. The look on his face is priceless. And Beckham is getting SO big I can't believe it.

Jill Oyler 4:50 PM  

What an adorable family. I love reading all about them. Thank for sharing.

Jill

Kyle and Heather 9:37 PM  

.K...the pic of you and Isaac,so funny!! Totally reminds me of the days when we would take our own pictures of ourselves. Not sure if I ever cried in any though...lol. Loved the ones of Beckham on his blessing day...sooo sweet.

Kyle and Heather 9:41 PM  

Forgot to mention that I noticed that you posted your pics at like 4 in the morning...GET SOME SLEEP ALREADY! As for Beckham...the tin man pic...must totally be a boy thing, yet very commical!

Melanie 7:06 PM  

LOL - love the pic of you and Isaac - hillarious!!!

mikkilynn 1:26 PM  

I'm sad we couldn't be there, and he really is a cutie. I love his little chin. What color are his eyes? I just realized your older three all have blue.

GarrGroup 2:58 PM  

I think only you could stay calm and cool under those conditions. I would've turned around and gone home before I even begun! You are amazing! Love the pics and Beckham is so dang cute!

Allison 9:18 PM  

LOVE the picture of Isaac. I agree with Sonali...only you could handle all that chaos. I probably would have gone home too. Beckham is so cute in his blessing outfit. I am glad it was a good day.

Brett and Meredith 11:06 AM  

You are quite a brave one to make the zoo your first trip, and yes, I second Joy's comment, that I love the picture of you with him screaming. Ha. We should all have a few of those in our stash. Beckham is such a doll! You guys need to reserve all your cute boys for all our girls.

Amy & Greg 3:30 PM  

So darling. Wow! Jean, you never cease to amaze me at your ability to take life into stride. REally, 4 kids...I am not quite sure I am ready for that adventure. Maybe one day....

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP