birthdays and bff's

>> Wednesday, July 15, 2009

i can't believe another birthday has come and gone. i can't believe i am 32 years old. and i can't believe how loved i feel. i feel totally and completely blessed to have the friends and family i have and i seem to be overflowing with gratitude at the moment.

i was already feeling the birthday happiness from the phone calls, texts, emails, packages in the mail, and facebook love, but THEN i just happen to open up my friend, allison's blog tonight. and to my surprised birthday eyes, i beheld a post all about ME. i read, i giggled at the hideous pictures, and i cried. it meant so much and, allison, i'm sorry for copying the entire thing onto my blog, but it was just so sweet and the pictures are just too laughable not to share. thank you so much everyone for the birthday lovin!

here is allison's post...

Jean is one of my BFF's. We have been friends as long as I can remember. Our families moved into homes next door to each other around the time that we were both born and we have been friends ever since.
Over the years we have, played make believe together, played Barbies for countless hours, danced together, played soccer together, hung out with friends together, worked together at Circuit City, went to WSU together, in a sorority together, and watched each other get married. She has seen me at my best and my worst




















Jean is a fantastic friend, beautiful inside and out, an amazing mom and wife, the life of the party, so intelligent, a super talented photographer, and one of my favorite people.







Jean now lives almost 1500 miles away and is still one of my best friends. We don't see eachother often enough. I absolutely love that we can go weeks without talking and then just pick up where we left off. I adore her and her family. I will forever be grateful for the countless ways that she has blessed my life.

13 comments:

Jen Petty 4:58 AM  

Happy Birthday Jean! What a great friend! It's awesome to have so many memories with one person. I moved around so much as a kid that I don't think anyone still knows me when I was a kid. It really makes me think about my kids and moving too much. Enjoy the rest of the week!

Joy 6:20 AM  

Awww that was so sweet of your bff. How could she NOT do a tribute post and showcase that rockin 80's hair of yours? hehe. Happy Birthday! Love ya!

Tyler 6:21 AM  

Happy Birthday! I love your friend's shout out to you! You are so lucky to have a friend like that! By the way, she looks SO familiar to me! I think I know her from somewhere! Anyways, happy birthday again!

Erin Wittwer

Lindsay 6:52 AM  

How fun! Ohh the styles we went through. Poofy hair, girbaud jeans, huge tanktops with flourescent writing over our swimsuits!!! AWESOME. You guys are beautiful!

Mickey Family 7:13 AM  

Happy Birthday! How come I didn't know you were a July baby like me?? I LOVED those pics! Hilarious! Esp. the one in your hot tight pink and blue spandex! ;)

Allison 8:33 AM  

I am so happy you liked it. I was digging through pictures yesterday and giggling the whole time. I found a few more that were awful. Why didn't anyone tell me that my hair was so big?
I have to agree with Heather...my fav is the one in the spandex. I am glad you had a great day. Loves!!!

camille 10:21 AM  

Happy Birthday again Jeaner. You are definitely a better 80's chick than myself. My pictures are awful. Hope you had a good day. Love ya lots

Melanie 8:00 AM  

love the pics - love the post - love the hot pink spandex - happy b-day jean - love ya

Nick and Maddy Winward 9:19 AM  

Happy Birthday Jean! What fun pictures! Life wouldn't be the same with out good lifetime friends!

Cathy Duffy 10:59 AM  

aw... that's so sweet. by the way, where did both of your curls go???

Sherry Parker 3:27 PM  

Very nice Allison....although I had a few from CCity of both of you I would have liked to include....Hee hee! Happy b-day! P.S. you are rockin them spandex!

GarrGroup 9:04 PM  

I loved the post and the flash back! Al is right you are so awesome! If only I were creative enough to think of doing that! Dang it! And why the heck do I look so short next to you two! Anyways, I hope you had an awesome b-day. I will try and call you again this week.

mikkilynn 1:39 PM  

That is so cute...I'm sure you know I'm not talking about those dance outfits. I see in the b&w slide of pictures you've definitely perfected "blue steel". Thanks for sharing.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP