so proud

>> Tuesday, October 28, 2008

i am so proud of travis...he ran his first marathon this last week! a marathon and triathalon are both on my list of "things to do," but i have never quite got around to either of them yet. so, that makes me all the more proud of him for deciding to do it and, well, just doing it! here is our day in pictures...

the family arrives in detroit at 6 am...jean and the boys sleep in the truck for two hours while travis starts pounding the pavement...

we head out into the chilly morning and head to the finish line...the sun is just starting to come up and some half marathoners and 5kers are finishing up...


kaleb, barrett, and isaac hanging out...anxiously awaiting the time when it's time to go look for daddy...

we were close to the finish line and could here the announcers naming people and telling stories of the finishers as they crossed the finish line. there were so many inspirational stories and people (i shed a tear). i saw one man fall to the ground with exhaustion (or injury) and two other marathoners picked him and carried him to the finish line (i shed another tear). some runners were crying, some were limping, and some were working the crowds. it was so fun to watch.

and then there was this guy...

oh, i see daddy...BOYSSSS...there's daddy...DO YOU SEE HIM?!?!!?
trav after hearing us scream our guts out for him...
oh, and want to see travis' number one fan on the sideline? he should be so proud...
just chilling after the race...

well, i'm happy to say that travis can now walk again and has regained full control of his muscles again. he wasn't very happy with his time, so he is already plotting his next training schedule for his next marathon.

hey, next time, it's MY turn...

17 comments:

Joy 2:46 PM  

I am incredibly impressed!!! Go Trav!

GarrGroup 3:41 PM  

Way to go trav! Marathon runners are always inspirational!

Rieck Family 3:51 PM  

Well, Trav looks like quite the stud muffin running, but I have to say my favorite picture is of his biggest fan!!!! So hilarious. We miss you guys!

Anonymous 4:13 PM  

Marathoners are crazy! I hope you do one! I've always wanted to but I'm just too lazy!

Erin Wittwer

Brittni Schroeder Photography 4:45 PM  

Good job Trav!

Jen Petty 6:22 PM  

Nice work Travis... I have to say, I've thought about it... once... and never again! Running? What is that? I only run with a soccer ball in front of me! I laughed at the picture of Travis after you guys screamed your guts out. How funny! Hey, if anyone can do it, you can Jean!

Holly 10:21 PM  

Good Job Travis!! Jason and I are so proud of you. Now you can check that off of your New Year's Resolutions list. I guess all of the training and long runs you put in paid off (hee hee). Hey - I'm all for having a couple of days of pain rather than countless days of training. Jean - you really are next! I know you can do it!!

Bonnie 10:15 AM  

Travis, Way to go! That's an awesome accomplishment!

Sherry Parker 9:59 PM  

That is awesome!!! I think I would need some serious ipod tunes kickin and a stretcher with a motor to finish a marathon!

Mandy Wollenzien 7:08 PM  

Way to go travis. I love the photo with the shoe.

mikkilynn 6:45 AM  

So proud, Trav. Jean, can we long distance train together? I need something to inspire me into my old pant size.

Cathy Duffy 11:21 AM  

go twabis! i'll have to show your 2nd biggest fan (ethan) your accomplishments :)

Nick and Maddy Winward 10:45 AM  

Wow! Congrats!

Sherwoods 1:55 PM  

Travis is cool.

Ken 7:35 AM  

Congrats Trav!(I can't believe you cut Barrett's hair!!)

monica 7:36 AM  

What an amazing thing to accomplish. Hans & I are so happy for you.

Sherwoods 12:35 PM  

way to go dude! I am definitely not a runner. I also cannot believe how big your boys are getting! When are we going to see you guys?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP