8 YEARS OLD

>> Monday, February 18, 2008

I am still in a bit of a shock that I am now the owner of an eight year old. WHAT? When did that happen and where did the time go?

Kaleb's birthday was last Monday, February 11th. We celebrated as a family by going out for pizza, bowling (which, by the way, i received my highest score ever...but i won't steal kaleb's thunder...besides...am i SERIOUSLY bragging about a bowling score...i am pathetic) and having cake and ice cream.

We continued with the festivities on Saturday with a friend birthday party. Can you guess the theme? LEGOS (of course)! So, after a lego treasure hunt, lego races, and lego tower building, i think the party turned out to be a success.

I know, it's got to be the worst looking cake ever...cake decorating definitely isn't my specialty. But, PLEASE tell me you can at least tell it's a giant lego.

My baby is 8...sniff sniff

Am I the only mom in the world who has the kids pull funny faces instead of smiling? You should try it...the kids practically run to get in the picture if you tell them they don't have to pose and smile...hee hee!

Ok, looks like a normal party photo with the boys all watching Kaleb open presents, right? Well, as soon as I saw the picture, I started giggling...DEJA VU! Scroll down to see what it reminded me of...

Ha ha...remember this? A little kaleb in the middle surrounded by a sea of dark heads while in china!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KALEB!

15 comments:

Sherry Parker 12:02 PM  

Wow, you have joined the 8 yr. old club!!! Baptism, scouts, more bodily functions in public, piles of legos left out to break your ankles on. Love the cake and the pic of his friend trying to help him blow out his candles, Ha! Ha!
It really does go by fast!!!!

Carrie 1:27 PM  

Those are great pictures and I can definitely tell it's a giant lego cake. Thanks for inviting Tyler. He had so much fun with you guys this weekend!

Sherwoods 1:43 PM  

Wow, cool dude. You must be getting old. Just kidding! That is a great giant lego cake by the way. Congrats on your bowling score as well. My highest bowling score was on the wii. Does that count? Happy Birthday Kaleb!

Mickey Family 6:40 PM  

Happy birthday, Kaleb!!
Yes, I can tell the cake is a Lego. You might have a future in cake decorating! Hey... you could be the photog and the cake lady at weddings! ;)

Jen Petty 7:08 PM  

Happy Birthday Kaleb! I can tell definitely tell it is a lego. Not to undermine your accomplishment, but I took a cake decorating class just to learn the basics. They told me that if you want to try to get smooth icing, make sure it's pretty cold (but not stiff). Then use a flat knife dipped in hot water to smooth it out. Maybe something for the future. Great job on the party though.

Cathy Duffy 8:32 PM  

what? kaleb is already 8 yrs old? Tell him we said happy birthday! mika and ethan are totally into legos too. i'll have to take your idea for ethan's next birthday cake.

Mandy Wollenzien 5:28 PM  

Wow an 8 year old. I can't believe it has been that many years. I'm not old enough for you to have an eight year old. What a fun mom you are. Love the lego cake and theme. You are so creative.

Joab Meyer 4:15 AM  

Oh the superstar is Ba (eight in Chinese). Come again soon!

Danny, Andrea, Connor and Lizzie 8:10 AM  

Ok....so funny. Connor turns 7 next month and what does he want a logo b-day party!! These boys are too cute. Connor has a picture of your cute boys hanging up in his room with v-day photos. Thanks for thinking of him, that made his day!
Andrea

Anonymous 11:28 AM  

Denver said he wanted to give Kaleb a message so here it is. "Kaleb, I'm so sorry that I couldn't see you on your birthday. I hope you had a great party". He says Hi to Barrett too. We miss you guys! From the Dalpias'.

Anonymous 10:41 AM  

How fun! It looks like Kaleb had a fun birthday! And as far as the cake goes...I thought it was so fun! I would have never thought of that! SO CUTE! We sure do miss you! Happy Birthday Kaleb!

Joy 8:15 PM  

Happy bday Kaleb! Great job on the cake, Jean. I could tell it's a lego. :)

Bonnie 9:07 PM  

I can't believe he's 8!!! I remember when you found out you were pregnant and trained me to take your job. And I remember you being in labor all day and you didn't know it. Everyone would say "Oh Jean, you'll know for sure when you are!" when all along you were. Poor girl.
Time flies. What a cute 8-year-old! :)

GarrGroup 3:19 PM  

Wow! You must be super old to have an 8 year old!!! Just kidding! Looks like a fun party. I love the cake...Yeah, I just buy mine. I know that surprises you!

Amy & Greg 2:21 PM  

I am dying!! I DO remember that photo and I am laughing so hard. Okay, I am filing away in my mommy memory the lego cake and theme. That is awesome!! Are you kidding me? Party favors are so easy!!

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP