our happy day...or not

>> Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Oh, that's so cute...the boys are getting all bundled up to go play outside in the snow! Ummm...not so much...more like...gettting bundled because our house was 48 degrees...INSIDE!!! Yes, it was awful.


We had HORRID winds last night and I guess there were power outtages all over the place (hence, the no heat situation). So, school got cancelled (hmmm...that seems to happen a lot in Michigan) and we thought we would have a rockin day at home...just mom and the boys. Well, we were too cold to do anything, so we bundled up in our snow gear and snuggled in mommy and daddy's bed and read books until the power came on!

Here are some pics of the boys all bundled up and ready to play...er...legos with gloves on? Well, Isaac tried REALLY hard to play, but picking things up with covered hands proved to be a bit difficult...

hmmm...wanna stick that it my mouth...
that didn't work, maybe i can get this...
dang it...why can't i pick anything up?
poor kid gave up and went to bed...

Two other very important sidenotes...Happy Birthday Mom...love you! Also, I wanted to include this picture of President Hinckley, as it is one of my very favorites. My feelings are so sad yet so happy for him at the same time. He is perfection in my eyes and he will be greatly missed.

16 comments:

Bonnie 10:54 PM  

I bet that wasn't funny at the time, but those pictures of your kids wearing those snow clothes in the house just cracked me up!!

Bonnie 10:55 PM  

Oh and I love the new page!!

Joab Meyer 5:09 AM  

what a bummer! I love the new family pic! Em

Sherwoods 6:16 AM  

Nice, I love it! That is so cute, although, don't you have three boys? Just kidding. I love seeing pictures of Isaac. So are you guys coming or what?

Mickey Family 10:15 AM  

whoa! that is cold! your boys are so cute! :)

Sherwoods 6:18 PM  

Okay, now I feel really dumb. The first time I looked at your blog, the first picture didn't come up, so all I saw was Isaac. I am glad to see those other two as well!

Mandy Wollenzien 7:01 PM  

Sorry you were cold. I can't imagine having to hang out in my snow clothes in my house. I love the pictures of your youngest trying to play with toys. He must have been so frustrated. I really like the picture of the prophet you posted. Thanks.

Sherry Parker 9:17 PM  

Cold, they look like the little boys on 'The Christmas Story' all bundled up! So cute. Mark Hoss and Phil huh, scary I tried to forget that whole adventure. They were something though!!!

Ken 7:15 AM  

Travis, you're wife posts stuff like this and you think you're going to convince me to move to Michigan?!?!?!? Fat chance, brutha!

Cherie & Ray 7:59 AM  

Enjoyed the pics. I'm glad you had a fun trip to Utah over the holidays. We've had a lot of snow, cold and school closures, but we've managed to keep the electricity on; thank goodness! I noticed these were posted on the 30th. That was the day I was trying to figure out a way to get to Idaho Falls airport to pick up Bridger. There were seven missionaries on his flight so they were being blessed and arrived without incident.

Jen Petty 1:36 PM  

Fun pics of Isaac. How did you get him to stand like that in the first pic? I am tempted sometimes to put gloves on Ethan just so he WON'T put everything in his mouth!

Carrie 6:15 PM  

That made me laugh out loud! I just love Isaac trying so hard to play. I'm glad you got your heat back.

Rieck Family 11:26 AM  

Hilarious!! That cold huh?? The pics of Isaac are darling.

GarrGroup 4:56 PM  

Oh, I seriously had to laugh at the boys all bundled up. I know all too well how cold it can get back there. We forget how nice it is to have simple things like power until they're gone. Isaac is too cute!!!

Amy & Greg 2:04 PM  

I am so sorry about the power outage. Rarr!! I can't even imagine. I would have died. Such cute pictures and captions. Hope all is well.

Joy 2:02 PM  

You are hysterical! That sucks about the power outages, but how funny are those pictures???

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP