Happy 2008!

>> Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Woohoo! I am back to the blogging world! All right, not many words, just a little story of our awesome Christmas trip to Utah...

Our story begins with the traditional gingerbread houses the boys make with Grandma Liz every year. As you can see, they take this art very seriously.


Of course, we loved hanging out with everyone at our various family and friends Christmas parties and get togethers. Unfortunately, Jean didn't pull out her camera at most of these parties, but we did manage to find a few pictures taken along the way.


Sometime during these functions, Isaac managed to get lost in the wrapping paper and Travis somehow got a hold of the camera and took many pictures that I am sure he would proclaim is "self-art." I'm just pleased he managed to get the boys in a few of them.


Christmas day was fabulous and the boys were ecstatic that Santa somehow knew to find us in Utah. Travis spent the bulk of the day (7.5 hours in fact) figuring out how to solve his new challenge...the 5x5 rubiks cube. Oh, and yes, he did figure it out, if you were wondering.
Next, we headed off to our annual New Year's trip up to Island Park with our friends, the Dalpias', the Roylance's, and the Baker. We had so much fun and here are few pics to prove it.


Before the New Year's trip, and a little after as well, I found time to indulge in my favorite hobby, photography. Wow, I just realized red was a popular color for all four sessions...it looks so great with the snow! None of these guys have seen these yet, so I hope you likie!!!


Sadly, we did not get pictures of everyone and everything, but we love everyone back home will see you summer 2008! The End.

7 comments:

Sherwoods 9:34 AM  

Welcome back from the land of oz! Did Travis tell you I called last night? I waited and waited, but I guess our news is not important! Just kidding...anyway, your kids are super cute. I love the pictures of Isaac. He is so big and so cute! I am glad you guys had a great Christmas!

Mickey Family 12:18 PM  

Fun! I am so glad I stole you away for awhile for 1 day you were here! :)

Amy & Greg 4:57 PM  

That rubix cube looks very daunting. I realize that I could never stick with something like that long enough to get it done. Way to go, Travis!! Jean, love the picture you posted of Greg and Andrew. My boys are so cute!!

Joab Meyer 5:08 PM  

again, how did you get such cute boys?? Love the pics. It snowed here in Shangahi yesterday! The kids were glued to the window!

Mandy Wollenzien 7:00 PM  

Happy New Year! I'm glad you had a good time in utah. I look forward to watching the adventures you and your family embark upon this year:)

Jen Petty 7:30 PM  

Your photographs of the houses are so fun. Your blog "face lift" looks great. Wow. That's all I can say.

Cathy Duffy 5:49 PM  

Finally, I see a new entry!!! ok, the picture of travis cracked me up. Ethan couldn't recognized his "buddy" twabis until I told him and still he was like, "no it's NOT!"

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP