ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

>> Friday, February 13, 2009

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. yeah, that sounds about right. we took a short, spontaneous, wonderful vacation to cancun last week. we're still wannabe world travelers and take any opportunity we can to go on a vacation!

i already posted some pictures on my photography blog and you can see them HERE, but let's get to the good stuff that i don't talk about on that blog!

so, our equally spontaneous friends (from thunderbird), the sherwoods, live in mexico city and agreed to meet us in cancun with a week's notice! they rock! here we are...one big, happy family at the tulum ruins.


well, as we were making our way back through the jungle from the ruins, we happened upon this hideous monster (and he was HUGE).

travis squatted down with isaac in between his legs trying to get a good picture. all at once, the evil beast from he#! started charging travis and isaac at top speed (and those things run FAST). i started screaming for travis to pick up isaac, but my precious husband just kept trying to get a picture.

just as i thought isaac's toes would be gnawed off, it was apparent that the crazed lizard had seen isaac's binkie fall and went after the delicious morsel of food. he put it in his mouth (just like a baby does) and started running. i AGAIN started screaming for travis to GET THE BINKIE...IT'S THE ONLY ONE WE HAVE!!!!!!!!!!! travis reacts to his wife's panic and sprints after the hideous creature.

anyway, the lizard obviously realized the binkie wasn't food and dropped it. but, it was all too late to look casual and composed as we had just gathered a nice little crowd to witness our 28 seconds of smith craziness.

and yes, i WAS screaming.

screaming at the top of my lungs.

i didn't look at the crowd as i'm sure they were all suppressing manaical laughter as we walked away.

oh well. what's a smith vacation without something crazy happening?

first it was me almost drowning in the ocean in hawaii. now this. what's next you ask? well, you'll just have to stay tuned for the next smith vacation.

18 comments:

Nick and Maddy Winward 11:00 AM  

Love it! I would have done the same thing! How did you clean the binki? What a funny story, is am still laughing!

Sherwoods 11:59 AM  

Ah, love it. I SO wish we would have waited and seen that. Although, I probably would have been screaming too and would have just created more of a scene. Thanks so much for inviting us. We had SO much fun with you guys. Zach still talks about 'our friends'. Let us know where the next vacay will be...we'll be there!

Sherwoods 12:02 PM  

Wait, I just remembered...you forgot a picture of movie night in our hotel room. I am pretty sure we emailed it to you...

Holli,Sayler and Gracie 12:22 PM  

That is so funny! I would have ran to save my baby myself!! Poor Isaac,was he scared? That thing could have had poisionous saliva!!! I watch too much jeff Corwin. lqtm.

Anonymous 12:35 PM  

That is so fun you went to Cancun. John and I went there clear back in the day. The ruins are awesome huh?

Melanie 4:55 PM  

Jean - I seriously love your stories. I totally LOL!!!! I can picture everything you say. Perhaps you should be the next Stephanie Meyer!!!

Sherry Parker 7:27 PM  

Tulum rocks....it's pretty cool huh! We encountered some of those nasty lizards when we were there too!!! How fun and poor Isaac I am glad his binky was recovered!!

monica 8:21 PM  

Jean, you are so funny! While I was reading your post, Amelia kept asking, "Mom what are you laughing about?"

Michelle 12:40 AM  

Hi Smiths!! It's been way too long! What an awesome thing to get to go to the Yucatan. Congrats on the new baby on the way. Looks like things are going well for you!

GarrGroup 4:16 PM  

Jeaner, seriously you crack me up. Never a dull moment! And super fun spontaneous trip with the fam. I love Cancun and since Ben thinks he's Mexican we love visiting Mexico. Better call us next time!

Rieck Family 8:42 AM  

SO funny, I would have loved to see it!!! Sad we missed you in Vegas. I heard you ran into one of our friends though. Small world...hope you are feeling good!!!

Anonymous 3:54 PM  

Tulum, BTDT.

Amy & Greg 7:43 PM  

THat was so funny about the binkie. I assure you that if ANdrew's binkie had fallen I would have been just as crazed...of course...maybe that would be the chance for all of us (yes, mom and dad included) to wean ourselves from the binkie. What a fun trip.

By the way, love your header of the South Park Smiths. Hilarious.

Sara/Megan 8:18 PM  

I wish we were spontanous travelers. That sounds like fun. i love cancun. How was it with kids. Your stories are too FUNNY!

Dave and Becky 10:08 AM  

That is AWESOME!! I totally saw the whole thing play out in my mind. Hilarious... I am still smiling! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun; we need to be better about taking spontaneous trips, or even just trips at all to some place besides to visit family! :)

Cathy Duffy 6:20 PM  

to think that we could have been there...

Dan and Brittany 10:10 AM  

Wow, you guys are never boring people:) It's so nice to look at your blog again. Hope you guys survived the cold winter and if you ever want to come down to sunny Florida for a trip we're here!

Joab Meyer 12:34 AM  

Okay- stop using the lame excuse you are having a BABY in 90 days! Update this blog! I think it is a girl- mainly cause I know how much you want one! Also FYI this site is not blocked in China but your jean pics is! How crazy is that? Em

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP