Back to School

>> Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Bitter sweet. That's what the first day of school is to me. A part of me wants to leap for joy, and another is sad my little buddies are headed off to the real world (without me there to protect them). I had a sad mommy moment when I thought Barrett would be terrified to go to kindergarten and cling to me for dear life. On the contrary, he didn't even want to hold my hand as he was cruising down the hall to put his backpack in his "cool new locker." Well, I guess we can chalk it off as a successful first day of school.

As I looked at these pictures on the computer, I seriously had to look twice...those aren't my little boys, those are grown up little men! What happened to my itty bitties?


I had to take a picture of Barrett's shoes. Travis has slowly been infiltrating our family with converse shoes...


7 comments:

Sherwoods 6:22 AM  

Wow, they are seriously huge! pretty cute little boys though. I would love to have them in my class!

Anonymous 5:41 PM  

We held Jaxon back so he's in preschool again. His birthday is August 27th, so I thought it was the best thing to do. But another reason was because I just couldn't let him go! I can't believe how fast they grow and that you have 2 in school now! Sniff, sniff.


Bon

Amy & Greg 9:33 AM  

Wow!! That is the day that I am dreading--sending Andrew off to school. How do you cope with not being in their world almost every minute of every day? How do you trust someone else to their care all day long? I think moms are pretty amazing!! You are one of them.

Joy 8:45 PM  

How exciting for them, traumatizing for you. They looked darling for their first day. And those pictures are fabulous. How did you avoid all the other kids? Tell me the truth. Did you go early for pictures? ;)

Anonymous 4:33 PM  

They look bigger in just the few months it's been since we saw you in AZ! Crazy how time flies. Sounds like you're really loving life in Michigan; how wonderful! Greetings from Idaho.
~The Sattlers

Jen Petty 2:24 PM  

School? What school? Elia missed the cut off date by 6 days! I think she's probably ready, but we have a lot of fun at home and she is "learning" so many things like how to be absolutely obedient! Ha ha! More like I am learning how to creatively structure sentences so helping appeals to her!

Anonymous 8:55 PM  

Hey, darling pics!! I can't believe how fast time flies. Before we know it, our tiny's will be in school!!!

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP