A Few Random Pictures...

>> Thursday, June 15, 2006

Hello all! I'm just adding a few random pictures to show you what we have been doing the past week or so. We had been doing a lot of shopping and sight seeing, so we wanted to find some fun things for the kids to do. Thanks to our neighbors, the Jagodas, we find out about all of the fun kid stuff around the city. Um, maybe it helps that he speaks Chinese. Go figure. Anyway, sometimes I can't believe they have this stuff here...I thought I was in a third world country. But, everyone keeps telling me that I need to go out of Beijing if I want the TRUE culture shock.
Kaleb, Barrett, and Savannah Jagoda at the Beijing Zoo

The next stop was the Beijing Aquarium, which is part of the Beijing Zoo. It is the largest inland aquarium in the world. It was the nicest building I've been in since coming here. The dolphin and seal show were the kids' favorite. Here are Trav, Kaleb, Barrett, and the Jagoda's (Brittany, Dan, and Savannah).

We had heard about a "nice" pool at Chouyang Park and decided to go check it out. We were leary because we had heard about the Chinese pools...Yuck. But, this one proved to be great and the kids were in heaven.


I didn't take this picture because I like Chinese men in spandex swimsuits. Rather, a funny story occurred and I had to add a visual. A group of 6-7 Chinese guys walked by us when Kaleb blurted, "Why do all of the boys here wear black underwear to swim in?" It was just a funny moment, because Brittany Jagoda and I were thinking the same thing. They are not quite spandex, not quite Speedos, and not quite biker shorts. Whatever they are, it must be the style, because they ALL wore them.

Something else interesting at the pool...we noticed that the only girls in bikinis were foreigners. But, the teeny, tiny Chinese girls all wore one piece swimsuits. Hmmm...now why is that?

Just a random pic of our day trip to the Forbidden City. I love the colors of the buildings...the pictures don't always do them justice


Another picture at the Forbidden City. It doesn't have any special meaning...I just liked it.

So, there you go...hope all is well with everyone. We love you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous 9:39 AM  

Way to go Trav on the job! Sounds like a great one.

Jean-I am loving these posts. Keep them coming! I'm so proud of you for getting out and doing some exploring. It's no easy task. I know what you mean when you talk about the difficulty. Czech is not characters but it might as well be. It's all worth it though. Keep having fun!

Andrea

PS We are going to have to send some $ for you to bring home some Karate jams for Connor (if you can still squeeze something in your suitcase)!

Sherwoods 6:36 PM  

So... the swimsuits...

They're called Jammers. It's like a very short biking short, or a long speedo... either way you look at it, they're cool, so back up the truck...

:)

Smith Family 5:34 PM  

Ok, Josh...you go right ahead and defend the "jammers." In fact, you should start a new trend back home. They are SURE to be a hit...

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP