And we're off!

>> Thursday, July 27, 2006

Ni Hao! Well, we are off to Xian tomorrow for a four day trip with our neighbors, the Jagodas. We are really excited to see other parts of China. The boys are just really excited about the train ride there (little do they know they will be stuck on that train for 14 hours).

These pics are from our day trip to the Summer Palace. This was one of our favorite places we have been so far. As I was going through the pictures, I realized that most of them are scenery. So, sorry to possibly bore you, but it is actually the only way to try to explain how wonderful and beautiful this place was. So, here you go...

The first three are of a quaint little village and bridge built along the river. It was so great, this was one of my favorite parts...I guess you are lucky I stopped at posting three pictures!



The second part was exploring the actual Summer Palace which is built up on a hill. The boys loved exploring the buildings and tunnels that climb the hill. Unfortunately, all you get is a picture of me in a door, as we were too busy exploring and hiking ourselves to take pictures of the boys.

The rest of the pictures were from our paddle boat ride on the lake and hiking through the grounds of the Summer Palace. It was truly beautiful.




Just a sidenote...I had to throw in another one of Kaleb and Trav's converations. You may not care, but at least the grandma's will appreciate it! Kids say the darndest things...
Kaleb: Hey Daddy, I bet a lot of people in China want to marry me, huh?
Daddy: Uh, sure.
Kaleb: And Barrett too. But, I will probably just say no, because I need to marry an American.
Daddy: Why is that?
Kaleb: It would be too long before I could understand anyone here.

6 comments:

Anonymous 9:22 AM  

The pictures are awesome...I wish I could see them in person! And I love the conversation....that was the cutest! I love reading & seeing what you guys are up to! Bonnie

Anonymous 4:03 PM  

Hi Jean & Travis,
Just found your blog site through the Meyer family site. Happy to see you and your family and the cool things of China. Xian is where one of my little sister in laws is from. Hope you see the Terra Cotta Warriors (not sure of spelling). I still remember the smell of dust there as I was able to go with my Mother in law when she adopted. Take care and best of wishes, I love your site and hope you don't mind me taking a look. I too have many fond memories of China I would love to share with my family so I am glad you have these opportunities. From Tkids and the LDS group, Glinda & (Kirk) Grayam

Anonymous 5:51 PM  

Glad you are enjoying yourselves. Just be careful. Love, Dad Luckert and Boys.

Sherwoods 4:45 PM  

Great pictures Jean!

Joab Meyer 11:37 PM  

Jean and Family
We were not planning to visit the summer palace, but you made it look so fun!!!! I love Kaleb's comment ;)
The Joabs

Anonymous 10:21 PM  

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP